June 18 – Celebrations in Machynlleth
On Saturday, June 18, six hundred and seven years after Owain Glyndŵr held Wales’s first Parliament on the site, a new exhibition was opened in Parliament House, Machynlleth.
Elfyn Rowlands of Cefn Caer in Pennal, presents the Mayoress of Machynlleth, Councillor Diane Lewis, with Glyndŵr’s crown.
(For more photographs of the Opening, please see our Gallery Page)
Cadw/The Welsh Government contributed over £300k, in two tranches, to the project which has enabled the Centre to renovate and refurbish Parliament House internally and externally and to install a new and up to date exhibition in Parliament House which includes amongst other things:
• colourful, bilingual panels outlining the main events of the uprising
• an interactive timeline providing detailed information of the uprising, year on year
• a film about the 1404 Parliament
• period costumes
• an opportunity to do some brass rubbing and keep the finished article
• a Flip Book with miscellaneous information about Glyndŵr
• a shop
Come and visit the exhibition about a true Welsh hero